Hi there, it’s me again!
I’ve decided to start the first post with a quick, simple and delicious home favourite. I cook this dish about once a week as it is so easy, nourishing and wholesome.
Oven-baked salmon with miso dressing & greens
This gem takes a whole 15-20 minutes cooking time and is packed full of omega-3 fatty acids for brain and heart health.
The greens.. well you will soon figure out that these are my all time favourite addition to any meal.
The more veggies the better.
Let’s get one thing sorted though… I am not the food police. I am incredibly passionate about nutrition however I am infinitely more passionate about building a healthy relationship with mind, body and food.
Don’t be afraid to eat that
doughnut (insert perceived ‘unhealthy’ food here) in front of me. I’m not going to judge you, I’ll probably just ask you for a bite.
I firmly believe there are no good or bad foods. All food is just food. Everything can be enjoyed in moderation.
I will be sure to tell you more about this in the coming posts.
For now, here’s the delicious recipe adapted from my wonderful Mother-In-Law and a snap of our tasty dinner.
- 2 x 180g (roughly) salmon fillets – deboned, with skin on (personal preference)
- 1 tablespoon of miso paste
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
These were what we had at home, however they can easily be substituted to suit your taste preference.
- I bunch of asparagus
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 1/2 tablespoon of rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 170ºC
- Mix miso, mirin and soy sauce in a deep bowl
- Toss the salmon through the miso sauce mixture
- Place salmon onto a tray with baking paper skin side up and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until, skin is crispy and fish flakes easily with a fork
- Heat rice bran and sesame oil in medium-size saucepan over a medium heat
- Add in vegetables and sauté for 5-10 minutes, ensure vegetables are still crisp
- Add in remaining miso sauce mixture from salmon and sauté for a further 30 seconds
Serve with brown rice
Where to purchase the ingredients…
All of these items (except the miso) can be found at your local supermarket.
We buy our miso paste from our local Japanese grocer. However it can be found in most Asian Supermarkets.
I hope you enjoy!